The International Symposium on Pneumococci and Pneumococcal Diseases (ISPPD) is the premier global scientific symposium devoted to the exchange, advancement and dissemination of the latest discoveries on the basic science, microbiologypidemiology, treatment and prevention of pneumococci and pneumococcal disease. Currently, the main activity of the ISPPD Association is the ISPPD international symposia, the leading event in Pneumococci and Pneumococcal Diseases bringing together professionals in the field to raise global awareness and improve standards of diagnosis, prevention and treatment.
The general purpose of the ISPPD Association is to improve knowledge of the pneumococcus and to fight and prevent its major global burden of disease ISPPD provides an unparalleled international forum to bring together scientific, clinical and public health experts, practitioners, and students to present, discuss, challenge and learn from the latest work and advancements on pneumococcal disease.
Date: 26-30 June, 2016
Place: Glasgow, Scotland
Young Scientists from Child Health Research Foundation have been participating in ISPPPD each year. In ISPPD-10, there were 8 abstracts were accepted form CHRF and all of them were awarded travel grant. The list of participants is as follows:
- Dr. Manzoor Hussain
- Dr. Samir K Saha
- Maksuda Islam
- Md. Jamaluddin
- Hakka Naziat
- Md. Hasanuzzaman
- Roly Malaker.
- Md. Mjanur Rahman
- Arif Mohammad Tanmoy
- Zabed Bin Ahmed
- Professor Dr. Nawsahd Uddin Ahmed
The list of abstracts is as follows:
- ETIOLOGY OF OTITIS MEDIA WITH PERFORATION AMONG BANGLADESHI CHILDREN BEFORE INTRODUCTION OF PNEUMOCOCCAL CONJUGATE VACCINE (PCV)
Naziat1, M.Islam2, S. Saha2, J.Uddin2, M.Hussain1,, S. P. Luby 3,G. L. Darmstadt4, C. G. Whitney5, B.D. Gessner6, S. K. Saha1
- INVASIVE PNEUMOCOCCAL DISEASE IN INFANTS YOUNGER THAN 90 DAYS BEFORE INTRODUCTION OF PCV-10 IN BANGLADESH.
Md. Hasanuzzaman1, Roly Malaker1, Shampa Saha1, Maksuda Islam1, Belal Hossain1, Rajib Chandra Das1, Shams EI Arifeen2, Manzoor Hussain3, Abdullah H. Baqui4, Gary L Darmstadt5, Cynthia G. Whitney6, Samir K Saha3.
- FACTORS ASSOCIATED WITH PNEUMOCOCCAL DEATH AMONG CHILDREN <5 YEARS DURING THE PRE-PCV ERA IN BANGLADESH
Shampa Saha MPH1, Rajib Chandra Das MSc1, Jamal Uddin MPH1, Maksuda Islam BA1, Md. Hasanuzzaman MSc1, Cynthia G. Whitney MD2, and Samir K. Saha, PhD1,3
- PNEUMOCOCCAL SEROTYPING BY QPCR: NOVEL ASSAYS TO DIFFERENTIATE THE SEROTYPES WITHIN SEROGROUP-18
Arif M Tanmoy1, Md. Hasanuzzaman1, Gary L Darmstadt3, Cynthia G. Whitney4 and Samir K Saha1,2
- BURDEN OF INVASIVE PNEUMOCOCCAL DISEASE (IPD) AMONG BANGLADESHI CHILDREN WITH NEPHROTIC SYNDROME (NS) BEFORE INTRODUCTION OF PNEUMOCOCCAL CONJUGATE VACCINE (PCV-10)
Malaker1, S. Saha1, M. Hasanuzzaman1, H.R. Pushpa1, M. Islam1, H. Rahman1, N.U. Ahmed2,M.Hanif2, A.H. Baqui3, M. Santosham3, C.G. Whitney4, S.K. Saha2
- EARLY PNEUMOCOCCAL COLONIZATION AND SEROTYPE DIVERSITY IN THE NASOPHARYNX OF BANGLADESHI INFANTS: A LONGITUDINAL STUDY
B. Ahmed1, H. Naziat1, M. Islam1, S. Saha1, J. Uddin1, R.C. Das1, M. Santosham3, D. M. Weinberger4, C. G. Whitney5, S. K. Saha2
- TOO MANY SPECIMENS, TOO FEW POSITIVES: REEVALUATION OF INCUBATION PERIOD FOR AUTOMATED BLOOD CULTURE SYSTEMS
M. Rahman 1, Z. B. Ahmed 1, A.M.Tanmoy1, M.Islam1, A. H. Baqui2 and S. K. Saha3
- VALUE OF DIAGNOSTICS IN DETECTING PNEUMOCOCCUS IN CULTURE-NEGATIVE SPECIMENS WITH VARIED DURATION OF PRIOR ANTIBIOTIC TREATMENT.
Md. Hasanuzzaman1, Roly Malaker1, Hafizur Rahman1, Maksuda Islam1, Manzoor Hussain2, Davidson Hamer3, Gary L Darmstadt4, Samir K Saha.